[PD] pd book sprint

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Mon Mar 30 17:07:42 CEST 2009

Hello Claude,

Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
> Alexandre Porres wrote:
>> and before the oscilators with the Short DC offset chapter.
>
> [hip~ 1]

Yes, my thought also, just take care of it with [hip~]. But also, I
think the problem of the digital logic system I've created isn't so big,
as it can be scaled later, at the end of the whole signal chain:

[*~ 2]

[-~ 1]

with the [hip] for extra "protection" if needed. No need to completely
rewrite the chapter. There is more than one "right way" to do things in
Pd ;-)

>> I also can create and put in the oscilator chapter a Triangle wave
>> oscilator
>> made with phasor
>
> [phasor~]                               [r~ shape]
> [expr~ if($v1<$v2,$v1/$v2,(1-$v1)/(1-$v2))]

Ah, but can you explain in non-technical English why this works?
Remember our reader base aren't mathematicians like Miller ;-)

best,
D.

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista :::