[PD] [OT] Re: DIY GSoC: getting those projects done

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Mar 31 00:30:34 CEST 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> Not sure I like the idea of a "run" method, what if there's more than
> one reasonable run action?

When inlets are called "hot" and "cold", it's always because there is only
one thing you can call the run-action in an ordinary object: the thing
that is done by sending a value in the first inlet, and the thing that is
not done by the "set" method of the first inlet, nor by sending a value in
any other inlet.

But if any other inlet could be hot, then there would be a need to have a
"set" method anywhere. And then "bang" and "set" are considered as lists
by [list].

I wonder whether anything can be done to improve Pd about it without
opening a can of worms or two.