[PD] xbee reading for Pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Mar 11 15:33:57 CET 2009

Hey,

If you are using xbees with arduinos, then you want this, then you can
just use the Pduino [arduino] object to get the data from it.

http://michaelclemow.com/?p=296

That patch was for getting data straight from the xbee without an
arduino.  I've never used an xbee, I was just helping some people get
it working with Pd, so I can't really give any advice on how to use
them.

.hc

On Mar 11, 2009, at 6:21 AM, nicholas ward wrote:

> Hi Hans,
> Excellent timing. I was just about to order some xbee shields for
> arduinos. I was wondering what xbee hardware you went for? I know
> very little about xbee but need to set up a network of 8 agents and
> thought this could be the way to go.
> If you had anymore details that would be great.
> All the best
> Nick
>

> On 11 Mar 2009, at 00:17, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> In case anyone wants to read data from an xbee in Pd, here's a pd
>> that does it, converted from a Max patch:
>>
>> <xbee_io_reader.pd>
>>
>> .hc

> Nicholas Ward, Ph.D Student
> Sonic Arts Research Centre
> Queens University Belfast
> Northern Ireland

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne