[PD] [PD-announce] Hack Yer iPod! in Liverpool, March 12th thru 17th

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Mar 13 16:09:56 CET 2009

So I'll be here everyday thru the 18th, more or less from 11am til
6pm, and maybe longer.  There are workshop times, but I'll be here
hacking away the whole time if you want to join in or visit.

Here's the workshop schedule:

http://climateforchange.fact.co.uk/calendar

.hc

On Mar 11, 2009, at 7:19 PM, Arif Driessen wrote:

> Oh Hans! Why weren't we told sooner!!
>
> Train tickets will be £80 by now.
>
> In slightly more positive news, I noticed 'Arduino Hackday' on the
> 23rd of May!
>
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> Hey, come join me in Liverpool at FACT and hack your iPod!  It
> starts tomorrow, its pretty last minute, we have dates, but the
> times aren't ironed out yet.
>
> Where: http://fact.co.uk/ in Liverpool, England
> When: March 12th thru 17th (check the website for times)
>
> Have an iPod you want to repurpose into a hackable music machine?
> Install iPodLinux and make music with Pd! Want to play Doom on your
> iPod Video? Come install Rockbox! Did your trusty iPod’s battery
> finally die, or disk give in? Come and break open your iPod, either
> the software, the hardware or both. Give it new life and new
> purpose. Also, we have on hand our stash of old iPods for harvesting
> parts, and the newfound skills for frankensteining dead iPods into
> living ones. Join Hans-Christoph Steiner and Chris “the Widget”
> DiMauro with your own iPod, or try your hand to see if you can
> create a living one from our pile.
>
> This workshop is a place to get exposed to the possibilities. We’ve
> been hacking on some iPods to see what’s possible. Lots of this
> software is kind of raw, but you can do lots of fun stuff now. We
> are just getting started, we are having fun exploring the options.
> Now we want to help you do the same.
>
> Check out our web page to see if your devices are supported:
> http://dev.eyebeam.org/projects/reware/wiki/FactWorkshop
>
> .hc

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.