[PD] self-modifying and dynamic patching

dmotd dmotd at gmx.net
Sat Mar 14 18:15:19 CET 2009

i received this rationale from miller not too long ago for the hesitation in
including iohannes' methods:

"Anyhow, I'm trying to think of a better mechanism for allowing abstractions
to have variable numbers of inlets/outlets, so I'm hoping initbang won't
be necessary in the long run.

closebang, though, will probably be needed in some form or other."

so it's obviously still a work in progress, regardless initbang/closebang are
at least fairly consistent with constructor/destructor methods in other
languages. we'll see where this goes.

cheers,
dmotd