[PD] test if object-class available

Enrique Erne enrique at netpd.org
Fri Apr 3 16:12:08 CEST 2009

hi

I have a bit an unusual approach to test if dyn~ is available on the
platform. In case it is i want to do all my dynamic patching in dyn~. if
it isn't available it should do everything with pd-vanilla dynamic patching.

My workaround is an abstraction with the name dyn~, this sends a message
"dyn~ not available" if it gets loaded. Then I found out that pd-0.42
can do object aliasing (not sure if that is the correct term), which i
find a very confusing feature.
I was worried that my workaround wouldn't work anymore if the
abstraction would "overwrite" the external, but it seems all fine.

So the question is are there plans to make abstractions alias object
classes ?
(i hope not :) )

cheers eni