[PD] Writing -dB or VU level to a TXT File

Benalt, Adam D (NBC Universal, MSNBC) adam.benalt at msnbc.com
Sat Apr 4 00:54:34 CEST 2009

Thanks Pall --
I appreciate your responses.

Yes, I am on windows.
And, yes, I am trying to get PD to do this.
So far it looks like the right tool for the job, but I just downloaded
it today on the advice of a friend.
Together we've cobbled together the attached .pd file.
If you start the Metro (clicking the [1]) the atom number box gives me
the level from the line input (in this case a microphone.)
But I can't get the write to txt box to hook up properly, or to write to
a file.

Adam D. Benalt
Production Technology Director
212-664-1142 desk