[PD] mapping: path setting hell

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Apr 6 15:58:12 CEST 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 8:33 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
>> 1) SVN/externals - otherwise [center_point] isn't found
>> 2) SVN/externals/mapping - to find [mapping/reverse] and
>>   [mapping/disjoin]
>
> These two were meant to have reversed reasons.

Hmm, because you are doing it wrong?  Try this:

1. create a single place to store externals, I recommend ~/pd-externals/
2. add it to your path
3. cd /path/to/pure-data/trunk/abstractions/
4. cp -a purepd ~/pd-externals

(mapping is still poorly organized in SVN, so its a bit harder)

5. cd /path/to/pure-data/trunk/externals/mapping
6. mkdir ~/pd-externals/mapping
7. cp -a *.pd ~/pd-externals/mapping
8. cd help
9. cp -a *-help.pd ~/pd-externals/mapping
10. touch ~/pd-externals/mapping/mapping-meta.pd

That's it.  Then if you have the libdir.pd_linux loader loaded, you
can also load that as a lib using any of the standard methods.
(you'll need the libdir.c from SVN).

pd -lib libdir -lib mapping
declare -lib mapping
import mapping