[PD] online tool or free soft for calculating partials

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Apr 6 16:05:36 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 15:15 +0200, Derek Holzer wrote:
> I'm writing a tutorial on using sinesum to generate wavetables for the
> FLOSS Manual. In typical fashion, the current "all_about_arrays"
> documentation merely (lazily?) directs users to Google "partials" to
> find out how to build the waveforms. I'd like to point to specific
> resource. So, is there any thing that I could direct users to in order
> to calculate a series of partials (hopefully scalable) for a given
> waveform (hopefully adjustable)?

hi derek

checkout the abstractions:
- synth.osc.saw.bl~.pd
- synth.osc.square.bl~.pd
- synth.osc.triangle.bl~.pd

those are based on such tables consisting of partials of those
waveforms. the tables are created dynamically on instantiation of the
first instance of the abstraction.

checkout the [pd lookup-table-creation] subpatch and its subpatch [pd
bandlimited-WAVEFORM-sinesum]. the latter will generate the correct
sinesum messages for the given number of partials.

roman