[PD] >, <, &&, || etc

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Apr 6 18:44:50 CEST 2009

On Sun, 5 Apr 2009, Martin Peach wrote:

> Oh I see. But that notation is only standard in shell languages and is
> not going to help someone guess the name of the object or what it does,
> especially if they are not used to english.

If they are so much not used to English, then how do you justify names
like [hip~] and [dac~] ?

So you want something guessable by someone in most any language, then do
your best to support [>] [<] [>=] etc, because that's exactly what you
need.

So if I understand you correctly, you need something written in English
for people who can't read English, and is guessable by them because they
can't use help files and they don't read manuals, and at the same time it
can't be the symbols that they already know because the filesystems might
not support the characters that could already be substituted by hexloader
which might be not loaded, on a system that deprecated non-libdir -lib for
ideological reasons about how much code should be put per file.

Maybe I should've just say, just figure out how to support special
characters so that we don't have to hear about elongated names designed
for people who can't read them.