[PD] compiling question

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Apr 7 12:43:42 CEST 2009

This is a rather silly question but I'm stumped.
I'm trying to compile pd-vanilla but am stuck at step one:
./configure --prefix /home/oded/pdvanilla
I get error ./configure no such file
I'm in the pd/src directory (which should be the correct one). I'm running
linux FC10 (ccrma). There is a configure.in file but no .configure file.
I downloaded the code from svn last week (pd-extended. I'm trying to
compile vanilla first before I decide if I want to try further).

I know there is something basic I'm missing.
thanks
Oded