[PD] timing issues in Windows Vista

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 21:09:09 CEST 2009

Hi,
This drives me crazy.

I'm trying PD 0.42-4 on Windows Vista. Always used XP before.

Logical time runs 50% slower than real time, i.e. 1000 logical
millisecond pass in approximately 1500 real milliseconds.
Yet there is no abnormal CPU consumption.

Try the attached patch. On any normal Windows XP machine I test it on,
the number box will increase one unit every one second.

On my laptop with Windows Vista, which is a Core Duo T9300, it
increments every 1.5 seconds approximately.

I haven't tested yet what happens with signals.

Any ideas?????

Thanks
m.