[PD] mapping: path setting hell

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Thu Apr 9 08:44:26 CEST 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> If there is good code out there, I want to use it, not reinvent it.
having a complex abstraction to replace this :

loadbang
$1
moses 0

is overkill. it add complexity to a simple patch.

> If
> you use mapping in Pd-extended, you never need to know anything about
> what's happening inside, it just works.
if you don't use pd extended, it just don't work.
i already explain why i don't use pd-extended, and will not change my mind soon.

>  With a little bit of effort,
> Pd-vanilla users can also acheive this.  That's why I am fixing up
> libdir.c and these libraries in SVN.

i just don't want to add complexity to a simple thing, just because you think it's better.

> These libraries were a place for me to experiment with ways of handling
> libraries in Pd easier.
for me it was something for everyday use!
and i basically can't use it the way i want, and the way i made it.

>  Some of the experiments failed, but I think
> right now its in a pretty good place.  So try it out the way it is now
> and tell me what doesn't work.

to have mapping/reverse in the object break the way i work with pd for the last 8 years.

to use [float_argument] that is outside the mapping folder cause problem to. (remember the pm mapping presentation @ hangar?)
at least, it could be copy / linked on the mapping directory. the best would be of course to replace it with a more simpler code based on 3 simple object. (well, to revert the change you made to my objects)

this are the biggest problem i've got.

cyrille