[PD] Pd FLOSS Manual Update pt 1

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Apr 11 12:45:27 CEST 2009

Hallo,
Jo?o Pais hat gesagt: // Jo?o Pais wrote:

>> * http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/PureData/Messages
>> --Looks very good!
>
> thanks,

One remark though: In messages08.pd messages without a symbol/list/float
selector ("meta-messages") are called "undefined strings" which I think is
misleading and even wrong: Pd vanilla doesn't have proper strings, and these
messages are defined like anything else, they even are very common everywhere in Pd
("reset", "set", "read", "open" etc. come to mind).

In messages09.pd ff. a lot of these meta-messages are used, so it's even more
misleading to call them undefined strings before.

In the context of this explanation I would just call them "other messages" or
meta-messages, which is the term used by Miller, or "custom messages".

Ciao
--
Frank