[PD] abstraction creation audio engine start

Tuti tutifornari at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 17:56:01 CEST 2009

Hi,
Thanks for the reply! I am using Pd version 0.40.3-extended (for Mac
OS X 10.5), and, sure enough, pd audio engine does not start at
abstract creation time. Here attached are two pd files to illustrate
this problem. When you open "test.pd" it will run the abstraction
"sine.pd" with the argument 440. If you enable the audio engine, it
will generate a sinewave whose frequency is the argument (e.g. 440).
Now, if you  create a new one, with another argument, say "sine 550"
it will NOT generate a new sinewave (together with the sine 440) UNTIL
you select/deselect it or tun on/off the audio engine.
How to solve that?!?
Thanks!
Tuti