[PD] Array Animations...

Simon Ball sballmada at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:58:41 CEST 2009

Hi there, I sent this the other day and I'm not sure if it got through,
apologies if it's a duplicate...

Hi list

I'm trying to understand how tables/arrays work with animations. As far as I
can see, I can place a set of coordinates in a text file and then use an
array to animate elements in gem space. I have been looking at various
examples, notably [splinepath], which uses [line] to govern the length and
speed of the movement. However, I'm struggling to understand the exact
relationship between the co-ordinates written in the text file and what
actually happens to an image when rendered. Sometimes I change the numbers
and the animation stays the same, other times it appears erratic.

I've found documentation on how to transform objects in gem, but there seems
to be little help in terms of creating more complex animations. If anyone
can provide a simple explanation/some pointers or show me where to look, I
would very much appreciate it.

Mac OSX Intel Core Duo 10.4.11. PD-Extended 0.40.3.

Thanks
Simon