[PD] readanysf~ v0.30

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 09:55:14 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:09 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
> errordeveloper at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> hi
>>
>> well ..that sounds brilliant -
>> but why is it dependent on some 'gavl' ??
>
> hmm, that's interesting as a hard dependency on gavl makes readanysf~ be
> pretty much linux only at the moment (despite of what is discussed on other
> lists...)
Yeah, indeed.  I was very excited about readanysf~ as I'd huuugely
like to be able to load and manipulate MP3s from my library into Pd
(I'm quite shocked that this is impossible without manually decoding
them outside of Pd right now :O )

Thus I spent a good 4 or 5 hours trying to get gavl/gmerlin_avdec to
compile on OS X a few weeks ago with a result of very frustrating
failure...

Here's hoping that changes one day : |  If anyone else is up for
working on it together I'd happily put in some more time just so that
my hours thus far don't go to waste!
Best
Luke