[PD] cannot access archives

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Fri May 1 19:20:46 CEST 2009

So, yes I was right. Rogers DNS servers ignore lists.puredata.info as
well as the whole iem.at address. The great firewall of Toronto, China
at its best!
Here's a solution, in case anyone runs into the same problems.
surfing via ssh tunnel
http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2006/12/08/ssh-tunnel-socks-proxy-forwarding-secure-browsing/
and remote dns lookup (you will need this too!)
http://www.outflux.net/blog/archives/2006/12/07/paranoid-browsing-with-squid/
cheers,
marius.