[PD] pix_data problems

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sat May 2 00:16:42 CEST 2009

hi,

pix_data keeps crashing on me occasionally and I can't figure out, why
and when. Here is what I *think* is the problem (so far this worked):
when I create a new image in photoshop I can set a "color profile". the
default is sRGB IEC61966-2.1) if I use this and then save the file this
causes crashes. If I go with the option "Don't color manage this
document" then no crashes. does this make sense or is this superstition?
otoh, maybe this is only a bug of the current GEM version I am using,
which is the most recent svn version from today.

another question related to pix_data is the following
the helpfile says the range that I can query is (0.0f, 0.0f) to (1.0f,
1.0f). but it seems that the range is actually (1.0f/WidthInPixels,
1.0f/HeightInPixels) to (1.0f, 1.0f).
in words: if I have a 128*128 pix image, I will query the pixels by
dividing 1-128 by 128 [and not: dividing 0-127 by 127 or 0-127 by 128...]

marius.