[PD] Call for contributions [was: CDM articles on Pd]

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Wed May 6 13:19:40 CEST 2009

Hi all,
ok, i guess that the idea to contribute to CreateDigitalMotion is not
interesting for the list. IMHO it's a great opportunity.
So sorry.... i make a little (last) "up" again for the topic.

I can go through this alone, but it won't be the same... i'm not asking to
loose to much time on it, but just to send me examples patches (as most of
us do everyday here) related to the following topic. Experiments you are
doing in *audio/video processing**, live video**, sound-reactive
video, **video-reactive
sounds*.
I will then organize your infos and write then an explaination, a
description and whatever is needed to build the article refering to the
original author of the process.

it doesn't have to be totally perfect, is just a showcase...

I know everyone is super busy and me too! :)
but this is a great chance to show Pd and it's potential to a even broader
audience.
thanks again...

cheers

Marco

> @Luigi / list:
>
> let's say... for ex. i wouldn't like to write about how to do a video mixer
> in pd. Many people are working on manuals, doing an excellent work.
> My idea is:
>
> 1_ To show to a broad audience what Pd is capable to do with *audio/video
> processing *and/or* physical computing* in the *live video - live media*enviroment.
> This doesn't mean that the example should be hyper-basic, neither
> hyper-complex.
> The target of this "action" on CDM is the audience who already patch
> something, somehow. I want to show that there is no need to buy ableton+the
> newest max to do suggestive* audiovideo processing*, or *sound-reactive
> video*, or *video-reactive sounds *but instead you can use Pd and be
> really happy with it.
>
> I keep on noticing that many people has the stereotype of Pd as a rough
> software, which can build nice stuff, but with incredible and unhuman
> efforts, having the screen fullfilled of chords building strange shapes.
> This is scary for most of them.
> We know that one can use Pd this way, but on the other hand one can build
> wonderful (easthetically and practically) patches.
> i saw through this list amazing pieces, even little utilities... i remember
> a monome sequencer which was a jewel also because of its great interface,
> and another patch which was creating fluid movements of semi-transparent -
> multicolor circles.
>
> The examples i would like to collect don't have to be absolutely innovative
> (if they are then,.. great!) but also simple utilities which fit in the
> description above.
> Naturally all the example i will write about will be linked to their
> author.
>
> 2_On the other side i would like to open a window on the Pd community,
> reporting the most important announcements: from a new release, the
> publication of a book, a call for the next conference and so on...
> highlighting the activity of the community.
>

> @Jose: that sounds great, but i think there is a lot to say about that,
> isn't it?
> Maybe it's something to be divided in episodes?
>

> Hi Marco, i am working in the integration of pure data with arduino and i
> can prepare a abstract for you... videos, etc... prosthetic hardware for
> multimedia.
>
> Cheers from CHile

Jos?

--