[PD] CV from soundcard

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Thu May 7 23:49:28 CEST 2009

Some experimentation shows:

1) Normal outlets of HDSP must have some DC coupling because continuous
voltage drifts back to 0V over about a second or so.
2) Headphone outlet of HDSP must be truly DC coupled because I can send
continuous control voltage from there to analog synthesizer modules.
3) Range should be 2V peak to peak (I assume that means -2V to +2V,
giving 4 octave range).

Should be possible with other cards which have some properly DC coupled
outputs. I guess MOTU cards should work, as that's that the Volta app is
designed for.

Have fun,
D.

--