[PD] your views please

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon May 11 13:32:49 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 11:15 +0100, Andrew Faraday wrote:
> Hey all
>

> I've been working on a delay-based patch for a sort of instant ambient
> sound.
>

> It's all about two high feedback delays, one at 200 ms and one at ten
> seconds. So whatever got into a mic is repeated and stretched over
> time. In addition there's three synths controlled by the pitch, volume
> and attack of the resulting sound.
>

> Any comments and suggestions welcome.

yo.. i had great fun to play with your patch. if you like to create this
kind of things, please check the rjdj project. its idea is actually to
run such patches on a portable device (currently only the iPhone(tm) and
iPod touch(tm)) in order to create a some kind of immersive and reactive
music/sound. probably you're the next rjdj star..... ;-)

as suggestions:
- remove the numberboxes and other guis, when finalizing the patch. the
ones, that are visible and updated very frequently, consume a lot of
processing power.
- i think, it's better to have only one [dac~], so it's a lot easier to
insert a volume control. it took me some time to find all three [dac~]s.

roman