[PD] OT : Ubuntu/Fedora opinions (relative to Pd, of course)

bigswift at cox.net bigswift at cox.net
Tue May 12 07:14:24 CEST 2009

i am having a crappy time since 8.10 ubuntu
Nvidia is fucking up the drivers, like i knew they would and making GEM,
pidip, pdp hard to install on new Quadro cards
there is always a trade-off, some things do not work on certain O/s
if playlist worked on WinXp my life would be easier, surely

pd extended on winxp is very good for GEM right now

i have a ppc linux ubuntu working with everything i need but the machine
is slow
it dual boots 7.x ubuntu ppc and os 10.4.9

mac stuff works great except  no pdp_freeframe and pdp_frei0r in
extended

Patrick Pagano

Digital Media Engineer
Digital Worlds Institute