[PD] Pd-extended 0.41.4 release candidate 1

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri May 15 17:25:06 CEST 2009

Definitely improve the docs, its a wiki so please edit!

I have seen that on Vista.  I have found that using ASIO4ALL improves
the situation.  Good luck with the workshop!  You should add it to the
workshop page:

http://puredata.info/docs/workshops

.hc

On May 15, 2009, at 1:35 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> I have two openSUSE 11.1 machines and would love to help, but they are
> both 64-bit and I have no time to work on this until after my first
> Puredata workshop this coming Sunday. I tried a 64-bit openSUSE build
> but it broke miserably and the instructions for 64-bit Linux builds
> need drastic cleanup. It's definitely something I want to do, assuming
> nobody else jumps in, but I need a working Pd-extended machine for
> Sunday. So I am going with Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope on an ancient
> 32-bit laptop.
>
> I also have a 64-bit Windows Vista machine (it's dual-booted with
> openSUSE 11.1, actually) but when I loaded pd-extended on it and tried
> to run the test sine wave in the Media menu, instead of a steady tone
> I got a warbling tone that was unacceptable. If there's a fix for
> this, I'll test out the Windows version and possibly use it for the
> Sunday workshop.
>
> P.S.: The workshop is at
>
> http://dorkbotpdx.org/blog/breedx/pure_data_workshop_1_of_3_introduction_to_pd
>
> if you're near Portland, Oregon.
>
> P.P.S.: I'll try the new Windows build tomorrow and see if the warble
> goes away. :)
>
> --
> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/edborasky
>
> I've never met a happy clam. In fact, most of them were pretty
> steamed.

There is no way to peace, peace is the way.       -A.J. Muste