[PD] packaging pd and friends WAS: GIT repo

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun May 17 01:40:31 CEST 2009

Since you are also thinking about packaging, it would be good to open
up a discussion about how to handle some things.  If you plan on just
packaging pd-vanilla, then its easy.  If you want to support multiple
versions of Pd then it gets a bit more complicated.

Basically, libraries/externals can't be installed into 'pd/extra'
because then the packages would conflict.  I proposed /usr/lib/pd-
externals/ as a place to install all packaged externals, so then you
could have pd-vanilla, pd-extended, desiredata, etc. installed and
they could all use the externals.  Claude of pure-dyne had an
objection to this, but he didn't follow up on the details.

In any case, I think we should discuss it here so we can work out a
common solution.

.hc