[PD] GIT repo

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sun May 17 13:39:46 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 12:28:01PM -0700, Miller Puckette wrote:
> I don't know offhand how much trouble it would be to set up a git repository
> on sourceforge, but if it were there I'd be happy to keep it in sync with
> mine.

Hi Miller,

Isn't it a feature of distributed version control systems like git that you can
push/clone a copy of your branch to a web location? I know this is true of bzr,
where I can just go: bzr push stfp://mccormick.cx/www/blah/ - I am sure there
is something similar for git (I think it's "clone") and then you could keep
your repo synced directly on the Pd download page. This would make it much
nicer for those of us who want to branch and hack on Pd's source code, and
would also make it much easier to contribute patches against cutting edge Pd,
back to you.

Best,

Chris.