[PD] libmp3lame0 vs. liblame0 (was: Pd-extended 0.41.4 release candidate 1)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon May 18 06:17:19 CEST 2009

On May 17, 2009, at 4:58 PM, Martin Schied wrote:

>>> The deb for Debian Lenny depends on liblame0 from Debian Multimedia
>>> (lame 3.97), but there is also a package libmp3lame0 (lame 3.98)
>>> that
>>> conflicts with liblame0. pd-extended 0.40.3-1 depends on
>>> libmp3lame0,
>>> that should be the preferred one.
>>
>> Thanks for spotting that, I fixed it.
>>
>> .hc
> hi,
>
> should this already be fixed in rc2?
>
> liblame0 is missing when I try to install version 0.41-4extended-
> rc2  (compiled 08:11:33 May 15 2009)
>
> but using following version: (0.41-4extended-20090507, compiled
> 12:10:09 May  7 2009)
> there's no missing package.

There isn't an rc2 release yet, but the nightly builds labeled rc2
should include this dependency now.    Its installed on that build
machine:

root at ubuntu-intrepid-i386:~# apt-get install libmp3lame-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libmp3lame-dev is already the newest version.

> thanks,
> Martin

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom