[PD] MinGW/Windows work session - tomorrow, Tuesday 5/18

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Mon May 18 23:01:30 CEST 2009

morning all,

as previously mentioned off-list, I'm likely to be a bit late in joining
the misery, so I've gone and prepared a whole lot of buffered misery for
y'all to play with (if time and interest permit) before I join in ;-)
Circa 20MB of the aforementioned misery is available in concentrated
form for a limited time only at:

  http://odo.dwds.de/~moocow/moo.mingw-build.2009-05-17.tar.bz2

included are sources, patches, and scripts for building the following on
mingw/msys:

 flite : svn export, with patch & build script
 zlib : sources & build script
 expat : also
 libiconv : also also
 gettext : from the mingw site, with extra hacks (as patch)
 pkg-config : binary only, due to circular dependencies with glib
 libglib-2.x : sources & build script

... I've now successfully built all of these on my test machine (after
killing the §"§&%$"§ webcam daemon... grr...), and included in the
archive are build scripts a la 'build-libs-on-mingw.sh' for all of the
libs (the only difference being an optional argument to force building
even if the test-file is present).  There's also a './build-all-moo.sh'
to build everything in the archive in (I think!) an acceptable order.

feel free to commit any or all of this, with or without applied patches
to the sources/ section and/or the main build-libs-on-mingw.sh script;
otherwise I can do some or all of it when I show up (and reminisce about
the bad old days of 2400 baud as I watch the IRC traffic crawl past
during the commit ;-)

enjoy (ha!)

marmosets,
	Bryan

On 2009-05-18 21:39:58, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> appears
to have written:

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology