[PD] [OT] RjDj recording - acoustic environment

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu May 21 11:54:44 CEST 2009

Hallo,
Thomas Grill hat gesagt: // Thomas Grill wrote:

> i'm preparing a lecture about artistic strategies of recontextualizing
> the acoustic environment. Therein, i would like to include one or more
> recordings of RjDj scenes that use predominantly online sounds from the
> actual environment and next to no preset sounds (like drums etc.).
> Recordings from real world (non-studio) situations would be preferred.
> I'm not a RjDj user and i'm having trouble finding proper scenes and
> recording on the RjDj site.

Well, I should know the scenes being one of the devs. :)

Scenes which almost exclusively use processed environment sounds include:

Eargasm: http://rjdj.me/music/Damian%20Stewart/Eargasm/
Diving: http://rjdj.me/music/Frank%20Barknecht/Diving/
Weizen: http://rjdj.me/music/Frank%20Barknecht/Weizen/
Echo Chamber: http://rjdj.me/music/Georg%20Bosch/EchoChamber/
Echolon: http://rjdj.me/music/Gunter%20Geiger/Echolon/
Ringmod: http://rjdj.me/music/Gunter%20Geiger/RingMod/
World Quantizer: http://rjdj.me/music/Roman%20Haefeli/WorldQuantizer/

I hope I didn't forget some. Most other scenes also include some kind of
prerecorded music, drum loops etc.

Some of the scenes above have been pretty popular and already include thousands
of recordings made by various users, linked to from above pages. Which ones are
good? Even I totally lost track of that. Thousands of people all over the world
are listening to and recording Pd patches, it's hard to follow them. :)

If you would like to upload your own "scene" (which is just a zipped Pd patch)
to RjDj.me and let the social web loose so people record *your* patch instead
of the "official" ones - the scene upload feature of rjdj.me now is ready and
you can find all your need to know on our composer's page:
http://more.rjdj.me/composer/

If you don't have an iPod Touch to test stuff, just contact me offlist - I can
probably test your scene on my device.

Ciao
--
Frank