[PD] who wants to port [wacom] for windows?

patrick puredata at 11h11.com
Wed May 20 18:36:33 CEST 2009

> [hid] works with wacoms in Linux, it is just that Debian and Ubuntu
> have been working on tightening up the security with each new release,
> so you have to go thru extra tricks to get data via HID for something
> other than the X server.  I don't know the latest tricks, anyone?
exactly! i have a Wacom Graphire 2 (USB) and everything is working with
Ubuntu Jaunty (HAL, .fdi) for example in Gimp pressure is working. BUT
[hid] doesn't output. i can see the device (/dev/input/event6 for
example) and the features.

i am root so i should be able to poll the tablet, but i guess X11 is
taking the control... anyone?

pat