[PD] readanysf~ v0.30

august august at alien.mur.at
Thu May 21 18:43:24 CEST 2009

> hi august,
>
> a very little bug: the length of file is outputed as an int number,
> nothing after the decimal point.
>
> Line 252 in Readsf.cpp is :
> return (float)(gavl_time_to_samples( input_audio_format.samplerate, t) /
> input_audio_format.samplerate);
>
> and if I'm not wrong, should be something like :
> return (float)(gavl_time_to_samples( input_audio_format.samplerate, t) /
> (float) input_audio_format.samplerate);

thanks for the bug report.

I see you are using an older version.   I caught that bug a little while
ago.

> "Length in second that have been played so far" is updated every 1000
> dsp blocks. I think it's to much. Loops and events triggering will
> benefit a lot of a higher timing resolution, maybe a single dsp block.

the new readanysf~, available here -
http://aug.ment.org/readanysf/download.php - is able to take a "tick"
message to set how often to send out the cache and length info.

"tick 1"  will send it every dsp cycle.

"tick 1000" will send it every 1000 cycles.   this is good for people
who don't need that kind of resolution.  it can eat cpu if you are
showing it in a number box or something.

-august.