[PD] PdVST and Pluggo's demise (was 'max for live;)

Solen Music solenpuredata at googlemail.com
Fri May 22 23:52:39 CEST 2009

> Matthew Logan wrote:
>> Has anybody tried putting a later version of Pd (from later than 2004)
>> in there?

I think it's time this question was asked again, in light of recent
Max/Msp developments...

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/05/15/cycling-74-ditches-plug-in-development-support-free-commercial-alternatives/#more-5915

there may be a lot of stranded pluggo aficionados annoyed that pluggo
is going the way of the dodo, looking for pastures new (but familiar).

I've used and really liked pdvst. but got ultimately annoyed at the
silly non-aligning graph-on-parent behaviour of the old version of pd
that comes with it on the http://crca.ucsd.edu/~jsarlo/pdvst/ site

Mr. Sarlo? is it possible to do a more recent binary build of this
excellent tool?

I think you may have a lot of former pluggo developers (who definitely
are an imaginative bunch) converting to pd if this is possible. Mostly
because of the demise of Pluggo and perhaps because of the expensive
prices of the Max 5 upgrade and however much £'s Max for Live will
cost.

John

http://www.myspace.com/solenband