[PD] crash in readanysf~ 0.33

august august at alien.mur.at
Sat May 23 00:11:45 CEST 2009

>>> Excellent!  Do you know if there are plans for a gmerlin_avdecoder
>>> release any time soon?  That will make the Fink/Mac OS X packaging a
>>> lot
>>> easier.  It might make it more likely that the Debian/Multimedia
>>> package
>>> gets updated too.
>>>

>> I don't think there are any plans to make a release any time soon.
>> leider.
>

> Hmm, I think its probably best to then to check the avdec sources into
> the same folder as readanysf~ and build it from there.  Its not included
> in Debian, Ubuntu, or Fedora.  Then once it is included, that source can
> be removed.  The rest of the dependencies are in Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora,
> and Fink, I think, so they can be used that way.

What would be the advantage of doing that?

we just put in a lot of effort to make the fink packages...and they
should work just fine.   why don't we keep it like it is and not do
extra work, extra svn magic.  the latest commits to gmerlin_avdec will
be released soon enough.

also, debian users can use debian packages from
http://debian-multimedia.org

or better yet, how about making a package for Mac and win that includes
the linked libraries as binaries?   Or, do you want to make a giant
static build?   I still don't understand how the binary packages are
made on mac and win.

-a.