[PD] call for vbap testing in Pd-extended or SVN

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat May 23 10:59:21 CEST 2009

Hector Centeno wrote:
> Thanks hc,
>
> How do I achieve that? What is the order for loading things in PD?

the order of loading is the order of occurence.
first, all libraries in your "pdsettings" are loaded in the order they
appear therein.
then all libraries specified via the cmdline are loaded (in the order
you specified them).
finally, libraries are loaded within patches: 1st libs specified with
[declare] (and probably [import]) are loaded; lastly the remaining
libraries are loaded whenever an object of their name occurs first.

> Sorry if I'm asking for something too obvious, I haven't used PD that
> much. In my patch [vbap] is inside a sub-patch and
> [define_loudspeakers] in another sub-patch and both within the main
> patch. I tried putting the second inside the first but that didn't
> help.

so:
if you haven't loaded [vbap] yet, make sure that an object [vbap] is
_created_ before [define_loudspeakers].
(just Ctrl-X-Ctrl-Z the sub-patch containing [define_loudspeakers]
should be sufficient)

having said all that: your problem seems to be that
[define_loudspeakers] cannot read a file named "ls_setup", which
according to its name might define the actual rigging information for
your loudspeaker setup.
since the object itself loads fine, there seems to be no problem with
needing [vbap] at all.
your initial assumption that you have to create a file "ls_setup" seems
to be quite right.

gfmadrs
IOhannes