[PD] call for vbap testing in Pd-extended or SVN

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat May 23 16:29:55 CEST 2009

Hector Centeno wrote:
> IOhannes,
>
> Thanks again. But then why if I open the example VBAP patches there is
> no error message event though there is no "ls_setup" file in the
> directory?

the short answer:
 because you are doing something wrong (and everything on the system
actually works as it is supposed to)

the long answer:

i really don't know. i never used vbap.

however, i now had a short look:

there is no mention of "ls_setup" anywhere in the sources.
i don't get an error if i instantiate either the help-patches (apart
from [matrix~] being no longer part of zexy but rather of iemmatrix and
renamed to [mtx_*~] (or [mtx_mul~] if you have problems with libraries))

you must be generating the error somewhere else.
try to isolate the object that complains and let us know what you have
found.
(hans might well be right with his assumption that you were failing to
instantiate an object ("ls_setup" could be the setup-function of an
object [ls]); the way you described the problem does not give any hints
in this direction).

fgamsrd
IOhannes