[PD] rewire for pd?

Mike Moser-Booth mmoserbooth at gmail.com
Sat May 23 16:32:48 CEST 2009

(sorry Luigi, forgot to include the list)
Luigi wrote:
> Hi Joao
>
> As i understand -
>
> there is nothing you can do with rewire, that cannot be done with
> jack, right ?
>
> Please correct me if i'am wrong
ReWire has transport syncing and is widely supported by most commercial
software. I know there's jack-transport, but I don't know of anything
that's not an open source linux-based app that uses it. Also, on OSX
ReWire is more reliable than IAC for sending MIDI.

The major downside to ReWire, though, is that audio can only go one way:
from slave to master. This has pissed me off more than once. It'd be
nice if jack-transport support could spread beyond open source software,
as it would likely make open source software more accessible.

.mmb