[PD] a little Sampler module with GUI being dragged in edit mode - howto

glerm soares organismo at gmail.com
Sat May 23 17:25:36 CEST 2009

Hiya,

I just finished a little sampler module with recording mic, volume envelope,
pitch modulation and a GUI with pd-vanilla stuff + [breakpoints] (envgen
modification from tof library)...It uses a moving [cnv] to implement an
"alpha" graphic "timeline" of envelope (just work for 2 seconds default
envelope).

it uses also [iem_copy] from iem_tab to deal with a real time copies of
samplers (i don't know if it is the best solution to that - suggestions
welcome)...

I know this kind of thing was made several times. This object was made
mainly for a collaborative documentation project with Brazilian newbies
around here, so I decided to make this from scratch...

....but I am posting here because I have a question for the veterans and
want to start a thread about this discussion, to think about until we meet
in PDcon09:

my frustration:
 I can't drag this thing in "edit mode" whithout a long gap between
atualization of the new position and audio huge dropouts. I know this
question is not new in the history of this list, but suppose I really want
to do it: make a GUI sampler object which can have several instances being
droped in the canvas like any other object box... Does it happens in your
machine too? Please report.

It is all about graphic tables ot there's something more? Please don't tell
me to not use them, this is not a solution! :)

My system:

root at hdpodre:/home/glerm/artesanatodevolts# pd -version
Pd version 0.41-4extended-20090427
compiled 14:09:17 Apr 27 2009

root at hdpodre:/home/glerm/artesanatodevolts# uname -a
Linux hdpodre 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:57:59 UTC 2009
i686 GNU/Linux

root at hdpodre:/home/glerm/artesanatodevolts# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor    : 0
vendor_id    : GenuineIntel
cpu family    : 6
model        : 9
model name    : Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor         1400MHz
stepping    : 5
cpu MHz        : 1396.462
cache size    : 512 KB
fdiv_bug    : no
hlt_bug        : no
f00f_bug    : no
coma_bug    : no
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 2
wp        : yes
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 tm pbe up bts
bogomips    : 2792.92
clflush size    : 64
power management:

abraços