[PD] PD sound quality question

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Sun May 24 06:07:45 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm in the process of learning more about PD so I've been checking
some of the patches that are part of Johannes Kreidler's excellent
tutorial Programming Electronic Music in Pd (
http://www.pd-tutorial.com/ ). Today I was playing a bit with the
sampler-big.pd which is a sound sampler with adjustable speed and
start/end points. I noticed that as I made playback speed slower I
started to hear quite noticeable aliasing. The patch uses [tabread4~]
for reading the sound array. So my questions are: is this aliasing a
particular problem of my system or is this an expected result? Is
there anyway of avoiding it? I could post the patch here if needed.

Cheers,

Hector