[PD] help

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 26 09:28:20 CEST 2009

hi

Farhood Kolahian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I work with pd in vista. since a week pd doesn't run anymore cuz every
> time I open pd I got the message that pd.exe has stopped working and
> windows can check online for a solution to the problem, so it will

to give us a better idea of what is going on, it would (might) help a
lot if you could also tell with which version of Pd you are experiencing
the problem. e.g. does the problem persist if you uninstall e.g.
Pd-extended 0.27 and install Pd-vanilla 0.33 instead, or the other way
round? (make sure you grab the newest (stable) versions, not any of the
random numbers i gave above)

furthermore: problems with Pd on w32 usually exist because Pd uses a
network-connection between the core-application and the GUI. firewalls
usually don't like this, make sure that the Pd.exe process is allowed to
make a connection (either by creating an "allow"-rule in your firewall,
or by turning off the firewall completely (which i would not recommend))

finally: please make sure to use meaningful subjects. e.g. "help" is bad
as our mailinglist software will interpret "help" as an "administrative
command" (read: it thinks that you are asking for help about how to use
the mailinglist, not about the topic of the list), and make the poor
administrator of this mailinglist (read: me) to moderate your email.
a good guide on how to post can be found at
http://puredata.info/community/lists/Netiquette/?searchterm=netiquette

ghmasdr
IOhannes