[PD] pidid and a camera dv/via usb converter on ubuntu

t'es in t'es bat tesintesbat at gmail.com
Tue May 26 11:15:25 CEST 2009

Hello,
I plug a dv camera on a usb converter
I can get the picture but no sound in xawtv
In pd i got this message when i try to open /dev/video0

pdp_v4l: picture: brightness 32896 depth 16 palette 8
pdp_v4l: channel 0 name Television type 1 flags 1
pdp_v4l: channel 1 name Composite1 type 2 flags 0
pdp_v4l: channel 2 name S-Video type 2 flags 0
pdp_v4l: switched to channel 0
pdp_v4l: set norm to 0
pdp_v4l: auto open failed
pdp_v4l: no device opened
pdp_v4l: attempting auto open
pdp_v4l: opening /dev/video0
pdp_v4l: cap: name Yakumo MovieMixer type 1 channels 3 maxw 384 maxh 288
minw 48 minh 32

My camera is on channel 1 name composite1 type 2 flags 0

but pd try an auto open:

pdp_v4l: picture: brightness 32896 depth 16 palette 8
pdp_v4l: channel 0 name Television type 1 flags 1
pdp_v4l: channel 1 name Composite1 type 2 flags 0
pdp_v4l: channel 2 name S-Video type 2 flags 0
pdp_v4l: switched to channel 0
pdp_v4l: set norm to 0
pdp_v4l: auto open failed
pdp_v4l: no device opened
pdp_v4l: attempting auto open
pdp_v4l: retry count reached zero for /dev/video0
pdp_v4l: try to open manually
pdp_v4l: auto open failed
pdp_v4l: no device opened
pdp_v4l: attempting auto open
pdp_v4l: retry count reached zero for /dev/video0
pdp_v4l: try to open manually

My question is how can i open manually composite channel

thanks
--
TNTB
t'es in t'es bat