[PD] Slow cpu/RJDJ patching approach ...

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Tue May 26 14:34:44 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 6:03 PM, danomatika <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I've been running pd on my slow wearable (500Mhz) and, over the last year,
> the performance has gotten worse.  This trend coincides with my greater
> understanding of pd and adoption of nice GOP guis.

The first live video processing system I built in 2001 with Casey Rice used
400Mhz machines, and we had no problems with doing what we wanted to do.  It
required a lot of research into the video medium, OS APIs, and this
frustrating black box called Nato.  Once you understand the limits of what
you are dealing with, forget about them and get down to work.