[PD] Slow cpu/RJDJ patching approach ...

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue May 26 16:48:45 CEST 2009

Am 26.05.2009 um 16:23 schrieb Chris McCormick:

> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 03:34:51PM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> Hallo,
>> danomatika hat gesagt: // danomatika wrote:
>>
>>> My point is, I wish pd didn't force me to work it's way but allow
>>> me to
>>> work my way.  That's the beauty of patching as opposed to vsts, etc.
>>> You have to build form the ground up.
>>
>> Well, Pd is a programming language, and as with all language, you
>> can say
>> things you'd have wished you didn't say or with programming: It
>> easy to overload
>> any machine (bang until) with a programming language.
>
> I have to say that with most programming languages an infinite loop
> does not
> mean an X crash. Probably I should contribute code, not words (sorry).

hm.. with what kind of setup have you experienced that? on ubuntu
hardy with pd-vanilla (newest) and pd-extended, with -rt or -nrt, i
never managed to do that.

only when running gem in fullscreen mode and pd goes into a loop, i
had a similar looking situation, but still then i could switch to a
terminal and kill pd from there.

roman