[PD] run pd as admin under vista (was: help)

mrz zweitens at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:55:42 CEST 2009

hello,
when pd works in safe mode, I guess your pd runs with admin rights.
so try to run pd with right-click --> run as administrator. When pd works
now, you can turn off
this security lock completely:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/

note here, that vista updates allways change your user settings again, so i
guess your pd runs not anymore since a genius vista update..

cheers
moritz

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 3:28 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>wrote:

> hi
>

> Farhood Kolahian wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I work with pd in vista. since a week pd doesn't run anymore cuz every
>> time I open pd I got the message that pd.exe has stopped working and
>> windows can check online for a solution to the problem, so it will
>>

> to give us a better idea of what is going on, it would (might) help a lot
> if you could also tell with which version of Pd you are experiencing the
> problem. e.g. does the problem persist if you uninstall e.g. Pd-extended
> 0.27 and install Pd-vanilla 0.33 instead, or the other way round? (make sure
> you grab the newest (stable) versions, not any of the random numbers i gave
> above)
>
> furthermore: problems with Pd on w32 usually exist because Pd uses a
> network-connection between the core-application and the GUI. firewalls
> usually don't like this, make sure that the Pd.exe process is allowed to
> make a connection (either by creating an "allow"-rule in your firewall, or
> by turning off the firewall completely (which i would not recommend))
>
> finally: please make sure to use meaningful subjects. e.g. "help" is bad as
> our mailinglist software will interpret "help" as an "administrative
> command" (read: it thinks that you are asking for help about how to use the
> mailinglist, not about the topic of the list), and make the poor
> administrator of this mailinglist (read: me) to moderate your email.
> a good guide on how to post can be found at
> http://puredata.info/community/lists/Netiquette/?searchterm=netiquette
>

> ghmasdr
> IOhannes

http://www.myspace.com/moritzwettstein