[PD] pidid and a camera dv/via usb converter on ubuntu

Husk 00 husk00 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:25:22 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 1:10 PM, ydegoyon at gmail.com <ydegoyon at gmail.com>wrote:

>>  it's not a real problem
> ( although you start pd in a strange environment,
> without $PWD )

It's true. Strangely  if I lauch pd with sudo it lost $PWD variable. If I
lauch pd as root user (I mean sudo su - and then pd) every thing works fine.

> if you do this form a terminal,
> it doesn't happen.
>

> and you can always fix it with a [location /tmp(
> message so there's no harm at all,
> nothing crashed.

When I launh pd with sudo it loads correctly playlist external but when I
try to create it gives me the error message I wrote before and pd doesn't
recognize the object. So I can't give the location message to playlist.

> ciao,
> sevy

ciao,
husk