[PD] pd-extended 0.41.4 jack autoconnect issues

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 28 09:06:47 CEST 2009

Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Ubuntu Jaunty, pd-extended for some reason fails to automatically connect
> to JACK (running whatever came with Jaunty). I've upgraded from Intrepid so
> that may have something to do with it. Manual connection after Pd has
> started works fine, but I am just trying to figure out where I could trace
> this problem.
>
> Please advise.

personally i more and more think that autoconnection is a bad idea anyhow.
would it be an option to use a qjackctl "patchbay", in order to do the
'right' connections?

apart from that, Pd can currently be expected to do autoconnections, so
failing can be considered a bug. however, i have no idea how to resolve
this.

i have had problems with jack autoconnections in the past, iirc making
number of "-channels" explicit helped...

fgmasdr
IOhannes