[PD] webcam problem in Gem with Ubuntu Intrepid/Pd-extended 0.41.4-rc3

Fränk Zimmer fz at mur.at
Thu May 28 12:09:23 CEST 2009

The Gem version in the recent pd-ectended does not suppoert video4linux2.
I tried your workaround.-

1) installed the libv4l-dev with synaptics

2)
% export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so
% pd -lib Gem

It works. So I`ll  have to start pd-ext everytime with this 2 lines.
BUT the image quality is quiete bad. Is this because of the new driver ?
Can I get a better quality? (the same as in winXP or in PDP on Ubuntu)

thanks .-

fraenk

--

Fränk Zimmer