[PD] run pd as admin under vista (was: help)

ypatios ypatios at gmail.com
Fri May 29 13:17:19 CEST 2009

hi

I'm running pd vanilla on vista and the only problem I've had so far was
when i installed pd-extended on the same machine. It was a registry mess up
which was solved by rebooting vista with "last known working configuration"
option (i guess it just changes all the latest major registry changes back
to the previous ones). Since i didn't really need pd-extended (i prefer
using pd vanilla and just adding the extra libs that i need) my problems
ended there.

About the firewall, when you install and run pd for the first time you get a
message from vista informing you that pd wants network access. By choosing
"unblock" you will never see that message again and pd will do its work
smoothly through the firewall.

About running pd with admin rights, i think it is not necessary. I mean, i
never run pd as an admin and it.. works! :-)

And some extra info: I installed vista sp2 yesterday and had no problems
with pd (or with anything else. Yet).

Lastly, just to make sure that IOhannes talks to me next time we meet, i
don't really like windows. I just have to work with it until i am brave
enough for linux.

alabala

ypatios