[PD] ds-gui errors - "bad window path name"

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat May 30 04:24:50 CEST 2009

If you're interested, here's a slider that extends the same sort of patching structure as those examples.

Some recent tricks I learned are:
[scalar struct-name var1 var2 etc.(

[s pd-some-patch]

This dynamically creates a ds instance.  Unlike [append], you can mix float and symbol variables in this message.

[pointer]

[list 20 $1(

[set some-struct foo]

Put the pointer in a list, which is then distributed to the second inlet of set in this example (usually saves one object)

You can also accumulate a list of pointers in any of the [list] objects.  Then when you want to output, say, the 4th pointer in the list and get its variable "foo", use:

[list]

[list $4(

[get struct-name foo]

I haven't used that one much so I'm not sure if it works well with large lists.  And if you delete one of the ds-instances the pointers becomes "stale".

-Jonathan