[PD] Tidy question

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 2 02:24:19 CEST 2009

Thanks, I've got a "Frankenstein" version working. I had to create
a "lib" folder and put the tcl/tk folders in it because it's not
finding mingw/lib, and I had to copy stuff from pd/obj into pd/bin
manually.

Here's the settings I'm trying in g_editor.c:
#define XTOLERANCE 18
#define YTOLERANCE 17
#define NHIST 35

This gives reasonable results, certainly better than the defaults.
X and YTOLERANCE are still low enough that vertical selections stay
vertical, and horizontal ones stay horizontal (unless the objects
overlap, which they shouldn't in the first place.).

NHIST sets the minimum vertical distance between logical groups of
objects.  It's normally 15, so if there's more than 15 pixels
separating the bottom of one object from the top of another, it
won't line them up vertically.  Obviously I like to "tidy up" one
group at a time, but maybe these should be customizable...

Would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut for this in the future
(CTRL+Y?)

-Jonathan