[PD] Revising Help Files

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 10:50:51 CEST 2009

Ok, a couple things:
1. pddplink gives a big error when loading your template:
wrong # args: should be "::pddp::srvUse ?root? ?port?"
wrong # args: should be "::pddp::srvUse ?root? ?port?"
    while executing
"::pddp::srvUse D:/Documents and Settings/dude/Desktop"
    ("after" script)

It still shows up in the patch (and seems to work).  I'm on
windows xp.

2. Is there an object that outputs the methods
of objects?  It would be nice to automatically generate info for
inlets/outlets/arguments rather than type it in by hand.

3. Is absattr a normal part of pd-ext?  I seem to remember using it
previously for something, but it's not in the most current release.
In any case, I went ahead and tried to make my keys and values
compatible with absattr.

4. Is there a place somewhere on puredata.info where there's
a discussion I can read about why each inlet/outlet/argument needs
a description?

5. Is there a limit to the number of arguments an abstraction may
have?

Thanks,
Jonathan